MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MANAGEMENT (M.S.M)
Master of Science in Management
The Master of Science in Management (M.S.M.) degree at Warner University is a practical-based graduate program designed to integrate current business and management topics in today’s society. The M.S.M. program is a 36-credit-hour graduate degree program (12 courses of study) designed for working professionals seeking additional knowledge beyond the bachelor’s level of study.
The M.S.M. degree places emphasis on managerial skills in order to prepare students for managerial and leadership roles in today’s workforce. The program can be completed in 24 months of consecutive study and is offered entirely online. Each course is eight weeks in length.
Students with various educational and professional backgrounds will find the M.S.M. program both intriguing and challenging. The M.S.M. will require students to study at a level beyond their undergraduate curriculum to extend their knowledge, intellectual, and professional maturity. Students will be required to analyze, explore, question, reconsider, and synthesize old and new knowledge and skills so that the graduate will have gained sufficient depth of education, specialized skills, and a sense of creative independence to contribute and provide leadership in the business profession.
Program Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the M.S.M. program is to provide students with a business education that will prepare them to model competence and Christian character in the workplace.
Students pursuing the M.S.M. degree will meet the following three outcomes which coordinate with Warner University’s mission to provide academic excellence and a Christian learning environment.
- Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to use acquired knowledge and creative independence to present strategies in a management specialty area that can be applied and practiced in a business profession.
- Program graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze, explore, and synthesize old and new knowledge using effective management approaches.
- Program graduates will compete favorably for employment and education with peers from other institutions.
- Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to evaluate management decisions from a Christian perspective and apply ethical principles.
Master of Science in Management Courses
|MGT 5030||Leading Groups and Teams||3|
|MGT 5040||Developing Organizational Intelligence||3|
|BUS/MGT 5050||Marketing Management||3|
|MGT 5060||Entrepreneurial Thinking for Managers||3|
|BUS/MGT 5070||Human Resource Management||3|
|BUS/MGT 5080||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUS 5100||Business Management from a Christian Worldview||3|
|BUS/MGT 5170||Economics for Managers||3|
|BUS/MGT 5180||Finance for Managers||3|
|MGT 5010||Organizational Effectiveness||3|
|MGT 5190||Current Trends and Challenges in Organizations||3|
|BUS/MGT 5200||Integrated Studies in Business Administration and Management||3|
- Official Bachelor’s Degree transcripts from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA (Students with a GPA of 2.68 – 2.99 will be admitted under a provisional acceptance. Students with a GPA below 2.68 will be submitted to the Graduate Committee for review)
- Personal Essay